Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Upstairs Frame

Only a couple of days after lower level frame was completed, the upstairs frame is up. (update: above pics now roof is going on!)

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Frame Stage 1

Well the power is still out, but the guys are bringing in generators of some sort to keep the job going. This week saw the frame arrive with the ground floor up. Next week I suspect the upper story to be up with roof trusses. Then I cough up more $$$.

Garage to be.


View standing back in Family area, looking into Kitchen area.

View standing in Kitchen across to Family room wall where Jet-Master will be installed. Double door opening to Media room.

View to rear elevation. Alfresco, Kitchen, Meals, Family & Media.

View from back right corner of block. Can see media room with 2 long vertical windows on the rear elevation, and the long slim horizontal window on side elevation.

View from in the Alfresco

Friday, May 16, 2008

Surprise, Surprise

Well we had a nice surprise today arrive in the mail. It was a progress letter from Darnley, our builders. We expected that no progress would be made as we're still waiting for power, but to our surprise, it actually said that they had begun the brick work to the garage.

Spoke to the supervisor during the day, and he just didn't want the project falling back that far, so he organised a petrol generator to get the guys working. No cost to us!

So here's where there at so far. Working towards Frame stage 1.

Daniel Robertson bricks, but clays, specifically for rendering.

Pillars for the Alfresco

Garage taking shape

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First Hurdle

Well we got to base stage with no problem. Next step is for brick work and lower frame etc. This is where the hurdle appears. This stage requires the site to be powered. Electricians put in the application to the power company for connection. Power company then advises that they are not able to connect us into the existing electrical pit on the street, and will need to make a new pit, basically specifically for us.

Could take up to 6 weeks. Our builders did offer an alternative which was at our expense though, and that's to hire a generator which could cost up to $500pw. I said thanks, but no thanks, i'll just wait!

Until next time!